Thursday, March 7, 2013

my 38th birthday


 Haydn's sign.  Wonder if she still thinks I am "osum" after yelling at her for being up in the middle of the night making this sign?
The girls woke up at 3:30 AM on my birthday to make these signs for me. I woke up to hearing pitter patter downstairs. I came down to find Haydn sitting in the dark. Not sure if she shut the lights off when she heard me walking around or what?!  I was short with her and took her back to bed. Hannah had gotten back into her bed in the meantime. So of course you know when it was time to wake for school they weren't wanting to get up right away. At breakfast I was still alittle upset with them. They did give me my presents of new Pj's, socks, and a charm for my bracelet. As they were eating breakfast I started to feel bad for how I treated them. I apologized for my behavior.  If you remember they woke early (not 3:30 AM) for our anniv in Sept and make signs for Wes and I. Breakfast on the table.  The girls said they just wanted to surprise me with the signs when I came downstairs yesterday morning. I love them for that, just wish they weren't awake in the middle of the night.  Surprisingly Haydn was the one that woke Hannah up.  Hannah had set her alarm for 5:45 but Haydn for some reason woke up earlier.  As yesterday went on, the more I would think about the situation, I  felt worse for how I wasn't appreciative for what they did for me! I never did this for my parents when I was their age, let alone when I was a teenager! My girls are really awesome or "osum" as Haydn said on her sign!! 

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday! Your girls are awesome!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet! Don't b upset with them. They will grow up way too fast. Great memories.

    ReplyDelete